About Wide Web Slitting at Pro Tapes®
Slitting directly from master or jumbo rolls using a wide web slitter is the most cost effective slitting method. Pro Tapes® has eleven wide web slitting units, six of which are fully automated. Wide web slitting allows for a higher yield per spin (higher output), less waste/scrap, and it produces the best quality.
Meet Our Converting
VP of Sales & Marketing
Learn more on our
Meet the Team page.
Wide Web Slitting Capabilities
- Out of the eleven (11) wide web slitters owned by Pro Tapes®, six (6) are fully automatic machines with a vast array of features, including wrapping and packaging
- Universal tooling enables Pro® to automatically produce roll widths greater than 75mm
- Inline automatic closed core shrink wrapping & open core sleeve wrapping
- In-line PSA roll labeling system
- In-line automatic case assembly & auto packaging
- In-line open & close core wrapping
- Slitting methods: razor, score and shear set up capabilities
- Cores sizes: 1”, 1 ½”, 3”, up to 6” core I.D.
- Finished rolls up to 800mm O.D. with automatic off load
- Wide Web Laminating: 6 units, up to 1800mm wide (70.87”)
- Rewind methods: lock core, slip core, traditional differential and pneumatic differential (each roll is independent) core
- Profile controls: minimum gap, center surface, taper tension, and lay on rollers
- Substrates: Non-PSA, PSA Single-faced, PSA Double-coated, Paper, Cloth, Films, Specialty, Butyl Rubber, Foams, Vinyl, PVC, etc.
- Tabbing: Standard paper tabs for start-up and double-coated tabs for non-PSA products or linered products.
- Capable to convert any type of PSA or non-PSA material up to 5mm in thickness
- Computerized winding controls with programmable roll profile, adjusting torque and speed
- Maximum rewind diameter up to 800mm
- Automatic blade positioning with accuracy of +/_ 0.1mm
- Laser core positioning
- Storable production recipes for repeatability
Image & Video Gallery
Want More Information?
Complete the form below to be contacted by an expert. We typically respond to requests within 24 hours during normal business days Monday – Friday.
Pro Tapes® provides custom printing and custom packaging solutions, along with in-house design and support. Raise brand awareness, and keep your product looking fresh. Learn more.