Most households have your general purpose duct tape, and maybe a roll or two of electrical and masking tapes. They are great to have around, but there are some very important products you may be missing in your arsenal. We are going to focus on 3 products that you will immediately start thinking of uses for and can help you with some repairs and fixes you may not have thought an adhesive tape could accomplish.
- 1. Pro Flex Patch & Shield
- The ultimate all weather sealing tape with an aggressive 28 mil butyl adhesive. When applied to a clean and dry surface, Pro Flex Patch & Shield is perfect for fixing a leaky gutter, a hole in your shed, piping, and many other pesky leaks. When applied, the butyl adhesive will fill in any voids and create a tight seal. Available in both black and white, Pro Flex Patch & Shield is easily one of the most versatile adhesive tapes everyone should have around.
Find out more about Pro Flex Patch & Shield
- 1. Pro 160 Clear Duct Tape
- Another great adhesive tape for outdoor use. Pro 160 is a poly scrim, waterproof duct tape. It’s UV resistant adhesive will not yellow, fade or dry out. When applied to a clean and dry surface, this handy product has a wide variety of repair applications such as a torn or punctured tarpaulin, or a temporary seal of a cracked window. Its superior tensile strength is great for bundling, splicing, and even wire and cable hold down! Pro 160 adheres to a wide variety of surfaces including glass, vinyl, rubber, and metal.
Find out more about Pro 160 Clear duct tape
- 3. UGLU®
- UGLU® is an amazing double coated “Green” adhesive system. So green you can submerse it in a fish tank and not harm the fish! UGLU’s versatility makes this adhesive tape highly recommended for just about any indoor and outdoor applications. Non-toxic UGLU® is great for arts & crafts, picture hanging, securing mouldings, carpet hold down and many more applications. UGLU® will also come off clean if removed properly.
Substrates UGLU® can adhere to include: Carpet, Glass, Fabrics, Plastic, Metal, Craft Foam, Paper. Leather, Styrofoam Fiberglass Tile Granite, Cement, Laminates Brick & Wood
Find out more about UGLU Power Patch®
Clean removal of UGlU® is easy following these steps:
- Roll a corner of the adhesive until you have enough to grab and hold.
- Pull SLOWLY away from the adhesive strip, do not pull directly up or across the surface of the remaining adhesive. If you pull too quickly the UGLU® may break or snap-off; should this occur simply start again at step #1.
- Pull SLOWLY until you have completely removed all remaining adhesive from your item.