Safety & Security Committee
Team meets quarterly to develop, plan and promote building, equipment, workplace and fire safety and ensure disaster recovery.
Team Members: Bob, Mike Harned, Andre, Terry, Linda
Building, Equipment and Workplace Safety
- Capital expenditures to add cameras and improve access control at all entry points.
- Implemented forklift maintenance and strengthened driver certification.
- Implemented work order process to make needed repairs as required.
- Provided CPR & First Aid training to several employees in 2013 and completed re-certifications in 2016, 2018 and 2021.
- Hearing testing for all production employees- baseline and annual.
- Additional machinery has been purchased to help assist employees lifting in the warehouse.
- Series of Training Webinar’s on Office Safety to provide understanding and information how to prevent safety hazards and injuries in the office. Some of these webinar’s included: Office Safety, Walk Through Service Safety, Hearing Conservation and Noise Control, and Effective Safety Committee Communication.
- Trained fire marshals and captains at the Middlesex Fire Academy and recruited fire and emergency organization.
- Trained all employees on fire exit and actions during an emergency and held several fire drills.
- Added several additional pull stations and alarms throughout the building.
- Enforced and monitored the landlord’s responsibility to test and document fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Strengthened emergency call and contact procedures and support technology (Honeywell Alert System).
- 100% Cloud Migration Solution completed in June of 2015.
- 100% VOIP Migration Solution completed in May of 2016.
Pro Tapes® is dedicated to conducting business with integrity. We are committed to an ongoing effort to improving our processes with the understanding that change and investment now will mean a better future for our employees and customers.
We participate annually in an energy savings return program with the State of New Jersey. We encourage eco-friendly business practices, including using recycled corrugate, pallets and energy saving equipment and lighting within our company.
We have partnered with suppliers that support our philosophy and we are proud to report that our cores and boxes are made from 70-100% of recycled materials. In addition, our investment in machinery over the past several years has reduced waste and saved energy.
As a company, we strive to think of innovative ways to continue to lessen our impact on the environment.
Pro Tapes® utilizes the following environmentally friends measures:
- Energy efficient lighting
- Energy saving equipment
- Office recycling
- Plant-wide recycling
- Recycled pallets / pallet return system
- Participation in an energy savings return program with the State of New Jersey.
NJBIA Healthy Business Certification
Pro Tapes & Specialties, Inc.® has been awarded an NJBIA Healthy Business Certificate. This means that Pro Tapes® has a disease prevention plan in place that meets guidelines set forth by The World Health Organization, The Center for Disease Control, and the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA). We will continue to ensure our employees are healthy and safe.
Service Anniversaries 2023
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS
- Cristina Mora Mata
CELEBRATING 15 YEARS
- Michael McGarry
- Kimberly Karmaou
- David Mormak
- Manolbi Gomez
- Federico Peguero
CELEBRATING 10 YEARS
- Ortega Telma
CELEBRATING 5 YEARS
- Michael Sullivan
- Thomas Monaghan
- Isidra Lopez-Perez
- Alexander Reyes