Thomas Monaghan, one of Pro Tapes® Machine Operators, volunteered November 7th from 7:30am to 3:30pm for the Elks National Foundation's Community collecting money to Benefit Special Children's Committee for Colonia Elks #2282. The ENF (Elks National Foundation) money raised is used toward Community Investment Programs in the form of grants to each lodge to meet local needs.
One of Pro Tapes® machine operators volunteered on September 12th from 8:00am to 12:30pm with Raritan Bay Angles Club at the Perth Amboy Marina for the Kios Fishing Derby teaching youth how to fish.
Our proud veteran, David Mormak, volunteered for the day taking veterans kayak fishing for Heroes On The Water NJ Chapter on Saturday, August 1, 2015 at Digmans Ferry, PA. The purpose to the organization is to help the warriors relax, rehabilitate and reintegrate through kayak fishing and the outdoors.
Additionally, David volunteered on Sunday, August 8th from 7:30am to 4:00pm taking veterans kayak fishing at Mirror Lake in Brown Mills, NJ.
Also, David volunteered on Sunday, August 16th from 11:00am to 5:00pm for the Orzak Fluke Tournament at the Heroes on the Water Booth, Amvets Post 002 Jackson, N.J. helping recruit veterans for future events.
Lastly, David volunteered on Sunday, September 20th at Picatinny Lake for the day with Heroes on the Water NJ Chapter and Lyons VA Hospital assisting veterans with a fun-filled day of fishing!
On Thursday, July 2nd, Pro Tapes® hosted a facility tour for a group of 12 individuals from the Middlesex County College Machinist Training Program. The group, comprised of both instructors and students, was greeted in our main conference room with an introduction, Converting Capabilities video presentation, and company history from President, Ed Miller. After a tour of our facility, print shop and production floor, the group met back in the conference room for a Q&A session. Special thanks to Rosanne McGovern for planning the tour and all of those who assisted including Ed Miller, Dennis Mirabella, Steve Espinal, Hayes Reyes, Christie Krupski and our machine operators.
Pro Tapes® has made a “CAPTAIN’S SPONSORSHIP” to the Salvation Army of New Brunswick- which will send 8 less fortunate children to Day Camp for a week this summer. Major Leo Sanclamente came to Pro Tapes® on May 5th to accept our donation to the program and present us with an award for our continuous support.
Pro Tapes® is proud to be a part of the McGinnis Middle School (Perth Amboy, NJ) Youth Entrepreneur Business Skills Program. Pro Tapes® in sponsorship of Minding Our Business (MOB), is working to provide at risk youth with a entrepreneurial based business skills training.
Pro Tapes®’ President Ed Miller, along with Pro’s Human resources manger Rosanne McGovern served as judges at this year’s Business plan presentation competition.
Safety & Security Committee:
Team meets quarterly to develop, plan and promote building, equipment, workplace and fire safety and ensure disaster recovery.
Team Members: Rosanne, Bob, Mike Harned, Dave Klinger, Tony, Andre, Terry, Linda.
Building and Equipment and Workplace Safety:
- Capital expenditures to add cameras and improve access control at all entry points.
- Implemented forklift maintenance and strengthened driver certification.
- Implemented work order process to make needed repairs as required.
- Provided CPR & First Aid training to 20 employees in 2013 and completed re-certification in June 2016.
- Hearing testing for all production employees- baseline and annual.
- Additional machinery has been purchased to help assist employees lifting in the warehouse.
- Series of Training Webinar's on Office Safety to provide understanding and information how to prevent safety hazards and injuries in the office. Some of these webinar's included: Office Safety, Walk Through Service Safety, Hearing Conservation and Noise Control, and Effective Safety Committee Communication.
- Trained fire marshals and captains at the Middlesex Fire Academy and recruited fire and emergency organization.
- Trained all employees on fire exit and actions during an emergency and held several fire drills.
- Added several additional pull stations and alarms throughout the building.
- Enforced and monitored the landlord’s responsibility to test and document fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Strengthened emergency call and contact procedures and support technology (Honeywell Alert System).
- 100% Cloud Migration Solution completed in June of 2015.
- 100% VOIP Migration Solution completed in May of 2016.
Employee Assistance & Wellness Program:
Pro Tapes is proud to provide its employees with the “WorkLifeMatters” employee assistance program through Guardian and Integrated Behavioral Health. The program is geared toward support and guidance for matters that affect everyday life, including topics such as Education, Dependent Care & Care Giving, Legal & Financial, Lifestyle & Fitness Management, and Working Smarter.
ProTapes has been dedicated to conducting business with integrity. We are committed to an ongoing effort to improving our processes with the understanding that change and investment now will mean a better future for our employees and customers. We participate annually in an energy savings return program with the state of New Jersey. We encourage eco-friendly business practices, including recycled corrugate, pallets and energy saving equipment and lighting within our company. We have partnered with suppliers that support our philosophy and we are proud to report that our cores and boxes are made from 75-100% of recycled materials. Our investment in machinery over the past several years has reduced waste and saved energy. As a company we strive to think of innovative ways to continue to lessen our impact on the environment.
Employees Proud to be
Celebrating Anniversaries for 2017-2018
CELEBRATING 40 YEARS
- Chris Hart, Vice President of Sales & Marketing
CELEBRATING 30 YEARS
- Jeffrey Hart, Lead Generation & Conversion Manager
Celebrating 20 Years
- Emmanuel Attia
- Pedro Almanzar
Celebrating 15 Years
- Christie Krupski, Customer Service Rep
- Ezekiel Miller, Shipping Supervisor
Celebrating 10 Years
- James Flinn, Mid Western Regional Sales Manager
- Yolanda Rosario
- Edward Miller, President
- Dana Hart, Sales Account Specialist
- Kimberly House
- David Mormak
- Ycelsa Martinez, Packer Level 2
- Manolvi Gomez, Lead Operator
- Federico Peguero, Packer level 1
- Dajuan Harmon
CELEBRATING 5 YEARS
- Marie Petit-Homme, Inside Sales & Customer Support Manager
Employees Promotions between July 1, 2016 and January 1, 2018
Employee Training Programs & Certifications:
- Forklift Re-Certification (every 2 years)
- CPR & First Aid Training
- Fire Safety Training
- Back Safety Training
- Time Management Training
- Performance Review Training
- Management Training
- ISO Auditor Training
- Customer Service Training
- Accelerated Process Improvement Training
- Computer Skills & Software Training including: Email Etiquette, Windows XP to Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013, MAS 500/SAGE 500 ERP