Pro Tapes®® is proud to announce third annual sponsorship of Minding Our Business (M.O.B), which provides at risk elementary aged school children with an opportunity to learn and develop entrepreneurial business related skills. Ed Miller, President, presented M.O.B with the sponsorship check on Thursday, April 13th in Trenton, New Jersey. Pro Tapes®® is sponsoring the program that holds an annual business plan competition for the third year in a row.
Safety & Security Committee:
Team meets quarterly to develop, plan and promote building, equipment, workplace and fire safety and ensure disaster recovery.
Team Members: Rosanne, Bob, Mike Harned, Dave Klinger, Tony, Andre, Terry, Linda.
Building and Equipment and Workplace Safety:
- Capital expenditures to add cameras and improve access control at all entry points.
- Implemented forklift maintenance and strengthened driver certification.
- Implemented work order process to make needed repairs as required.
- Provided CPR & First Aid training to 20 employees in 2013 and completed re-certification in June 2016.
- Hearing testing for all production employees- baseline and annual.
- Additional machinery has been purchased to help assist employees lifting in the warehouse.
- Series of Training Webinar's on Office Safety to provide understanding and information how to prevent safety hazards and injuries in the office. Some of these webinar's included: Office Safety, Walk Through Service Safety, Hearing Conservation and Noise Control, and Effective Safety Committee Communication.
- Trained fire marshals and captains at the Middlesex Fire Academy and recruited fire and emergency organization.
- Trained all employees on fire exit and actions during an emergency and held several fire drills.
- Added several additional pull stations and alarms throughout the building.
- Enforced and monitored the landlord’s responsibility to test and document fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Strengthened emergency call and contact procedures and support technology (Honeywell Alert System).
- 100% Cloud Migration Solution completed in June of 2015.
- 100% VOIP Migration Solution completed in May of 2016.
Employee Assistance & Wellness Program:
Pro Tapes is proud to provide its employees with the “WorkLifeMatters” employee assistance program through Guardian and Integrated Behavioral Health. The program is geared toward support and guidance for matters that affect everyday life, including topics such as Education, Dependent Care & Care Giving, Legal & Financial, Lifestyle & Fitness Management, and Working Smarter.
2015 Employee Wellness
Pro Tapes has partnered with Cigna to encourage its employee’s to participate in Cigna’s Wellness Program. As part of our Wellness Campaign, Pro Tapes offered free and confidential biometric health screenings to its employees and their families on May 20, 2015 in private sessions at our facility. There were fun and friendly prizes given away as a drawing to the participants. Pro Tapes offered free onsite educational wellness seminars to its employees in April of 2015 hosted by Cigna Health including: Financial Fitness, Eating Your Way to Wellness, Addressing Anxiety and Yoga at Work. These were one-hour health seminars that we participated in and are part of our goal at working to improve employee wellness. Pro Tapes held an Employee Appreciation Luncheon with pig roast on April 24, 2015 to all its employee's to celebrate a job well done year-to-date. On Thursday November 19th, We held Employee Appreciation & Wellness Day, giving recognition to all our team members anniversaries/ years of service and a little dose of wellness, healthy eating, heart healthy cooking demo, tricky tray prizes, and even 10 minute chair massages! We have a great team! To view photos click: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE.
2016 Employee Wellness
Pro Tapes will have a representative from Northeast Planning Corporation on August 9, 2016 to offer all of our employee’s free financial education and analysis. Issues that will be discussed include: 401k plans, college educations plans, proper insurance coverage, retirement plans, estate plans and they will go over the importance of having a process and a strategy of getting you to your goals.
ProTapes has been dedicated to conducting business with integrity. We are committed to an ongoing effort to improving our processes with the understanding that change and investment now will mean a better future for our employees and customers. We participate annually in an energy savings return program with the state of New Jersey. We encourage eco-friendly business practices, including recycled corrugate, pallets and energy saving equipment and lighting within our company. We have partnered with suppliers that support our philosophy and we are proud to report that our cores and boxes are made from 75-100% of recycled materials. Our investment in machinery over the past several years has reduced waste and saved energy. As a company we strive to think of innovative ways to continue to lessen our impact on the environment.
Employees Proud to be
Celebrating Anniversaries for 2016
CELEBRATING 35 YEARS
- Michael Hart, Industrial & Specialty Marketing Manager
- Dennis Mirabella, Director of Arts & Entertainment Business Unit
Celebrating 20 Years
- Alexandria Soriano, Manufacturing & Production Administative Support Specialist
Celebrating 10 Years
- Bryant Smith, Shipping Coordinator
- Emmy Garcia, Packaging Management Cooridinator
- Charles McGarry
- Roy Perez, Machine Operator Level 2
- Rosanne McGovern, Human Resources Manager
CELEBRATING 5 YEARS
- Barbara Baumgarten, Customer Service Manager
Employees Promotions between January 1, 2015 and July 1, 2016
Robert Marshall, ProTapes Director of Accounting & Finance, has been awareded 2015 NJBIZ CFO of the Year for Private Company with revenues up to $50MM category. The winners were announced during a breakfast award ceremony on October 9, 2015 at the Palace at Somerset Park in Somerset, NJ.
- Angel Olivo, Lead Operator, 05/16/16
- Marie Petit-Homme, Inside Sales & Customer Support Manager, 01/04/16
- Cesar Tejada, Lead Packer,01/04/16
- Jose Reyes, 05/03/16
Employee Training Programs & Certifications:
- Forklift Re-Certification (every 2 years)
- CPR & First Aid Training
- Fire Safety Training
- Back Safety Training
- Time Management Training
- Performance Review Training
- Management Training
- ISO Auditor Training
- Customer Service Training
- Accelerated Process Improvement Training
- Computer Skills & Software Training including: Email Etiquette, Windows XP to Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013, MAS 500/SAGE 500 ERP